Join us for Enough Abuse: Strategies for Family and Community
Trainings are open to everyone via Zoom, with registration required. Social Work CEU’s and Certificate of Attendance offered. April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Learn more about how you can help keep kids safe from harm. Register today!
Child sexual abuse is “a silent epidemic,” according to the American Medical Association. It is so widespread that each of us probably knows someone who has been victimized or who has abused. The Enough Abuse Campaign offers educational information to parents, youth, professionals, and other concerned adults to prevent people from victimizing children and youth today and to prevent children from developing abusive behaviors in the future.
Enough Abuse: Strategies for Your Family and Community is the Campaign’s core training curriculum. This curriculum is divided into three major sections:
Part I: Understanding Child Sexual Abuse as a Public Health Problem
Part II: Conditions that Support Child Sexual Abuse
Part III: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
- Define child abuse as a public health problem
- Recognize signs and conditions that support child sexual abuse
- Recognize potential grooming behaviors in adults
- Learn strategies for preventing child sexual abuse
- Learn how to respond to disclosures and report child sexual abuse
Parents, Community Members, Professionals