The No Hit Zone program strives to advocate for safe and healthy environments for all people within a facility. It applies to corporal punishment, domestic abuse, sibling violence, interpersonal violence, and elder abuse. A No Hit Zone is an environment where:
- NO adult will hit a child.
- NO adult will hit another adult,
- NO child will hit an adult,
- NO child will hit another child.
Become a No Hit Zone
CPCM is currently working with interested organizations in South Dakota to implement No Hit Zone Policies. To inquire about becoming a No Hit Zone Partner, email [email protected].
CPCM will work with your organization to help you become a No Hit Zone by completing these four steps:
Get approval: Get approval from leadership to implement the No Hit Zone Program in your organization.
Develop policy: View sample policies here.
Educate employees: Provide staff and parents/caregivers of children with resources to resolve conflict using the video and power point listed here.
Promote: Download sample signage here, and post them throughout your No Hit Zone.
5. Distraction Kits: Create “distraction kits” full of activities and items to entertain children throughout your No Hit Zone in order to help eliminate situations where hitting may be involved.