Create and sustain a network of statewide support and effort to move the goals of Jolene’s Law Task Force forward.
- Establish the Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment at the University of South Dakota to contribute to the state’s overall public health by strengthening culture related to prevention and response to child maltreatment by 2016.
- Facilitate the creation of an external Advisory Board to include community, state, federal, Tribal, and education partners that advocate against child maltreatment and sexual abuse by 2Q2017.
- Develop a strategy to reach out and work with the South Dakota Tribes.
- Establish capacity to improve overall best practices as implemented in the various agencies statewide. Encourage and support agency and Center staff to attend one to two conferences per year hosted by key partners.
- Develop an evaluation design for outcome measurement by 2017. Review results quarterly with Advisory Board.
- Develop inter-professional grant proposals for research and practice related to treating and preventing child maltreatment and sexual abuse. Begin efforts in 2017.
- Identify potential private and corporate funding sources for the prevention of child maltreatment and sexual abuse, and infrastructure to support those aims. Begin efforts in 2018.
- Investigate and pursue angel investor and social impact bonding to fund specific proposals that stem from the Jolene’s Law work plan. Begin efforts in 2018.