Enough Abuse Training
This free training is open to everyone via Zoom, with registration required. The session is offered every six weeks on Tuesday from 6:30pm to 8:30pm (5:30pm to 7:30pm MT), through training partner, Children’s Home Society, with the dates shown here.
Child sexual abuse is “a silent epidemic,” according to the American Medical Association. It is so widespread that each of us probably knows someone who has been victimized or who has abused.
The Enough Abuse Campaign offers educational information to parents, youth, professionals and other concerned adults to prevent people from victimizing children today and to prevent children
from developing abusive behaviors in the future.
Enough Abuse: Strategies for Your Family and Community is the Campaign’s core training curriculum. This curriculum is divided into three major sections:
Part I: Understanding Child Sexual Abuse as a Public Health Problem
Part II: Conditions that Support Child Sexual Abuse
Part III: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse
In this session, you will:
• Define child abuse as a public health problem
• Recognize signs and conditions that support child sexual abuse
• Recognize potential grooming behaviors in adults
• Learn strategies for preventing child sexual abuse
• Learn how to respond to disclosures and report child sexual abuse