Resilient Communities: Training in Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
Resilient Communities: Adverse Childhood Experiences
Training opportunity co-hosted by Resilient Community Codington County and Codington Connects.
Impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences:
- Adverse Childhood Experiences can have long-term impacts into adulthood. Effects can be experienced on physical health, mental well-being, as well as educational and job opportunities. ACEs impacts can include:
- Increased risk of injury, sexually transmitted infections, maternal and child health problems (including teen pregnancy, pregnancy complications, and fetal death), and involvement in sex trafficking.
- Increased risk of a wide range of chronic diseases and leading causes of death such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and suicide.
- Toxic stress from ACEs can negatively affect children’s brain development, immune systems, and stress-response systems, changing children’s attention, decision-making, and learning skills.
- Toxic stress in childhood may lead to difficulty forming healthy and stable relationships, and struggles with finances, jobs, and depression throughout life.
October 17 | 6:00pm to 9:00pm | Online