Hundreds of professionals and community members from across the region will come together for the 23rd Annual Community Response to Child Abuse Conference, on October 5-6 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.
The training event connects multidisciplinary team members while offering continuing education. The professional training and educational opportunities are geared toward teachers, medical professionals, school officials, dentists, law enforcement, social workers, mental health providers, youth service providers, the legal community and other community members and child advocates.
Attendees will be able to hear from national and regional speakers on topics that will help professionals and the public better understand child abuse and strengthen response efforts.
Keynote addresses will include:
- Unto the Third Generation: A Call to End Child Abuse Within 30 Years presented by Victor Vieth, Chief Program Officer, Education & Research, Zero Abuse Project
- Familial Trafficking of Minor Males presented by Nathan Earl, Principal, giantslayer., LLC
- Know Your Why presented by Mitchell Reed, Superintendent, Florence School District
Conference participants have the opportunity to choose from multiple breakout session opportunities. Examples of additional learning opportunities include:
- Whole Child Approach: Engaging Learners & Families through Relationships
- In My Neighbor’s House: MDT Responses in Rural Communities
- Honoring Our Children by Honoring our Traditions – Overview of Positive Indian Parenting
- Trust Based Relational Intervention: Introduction and Overview
Registration is now available for in-person, student discount, and on-demand post-conference portal options.
Conference sponsors include South Dakota’s Unified Judicial System Court Improvement Program, Child’s Voice at Sanford Health, and Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment at the University of South Dakota. Conference details and registration are available at https://conference.sdcpcm.com.