- Mandatory Reporter Online Survey
- SD ECCS Series Continues
- CRCAC Early Bird Registration Ends August 15
- CIP Training Series, August: Huron Safety Plan
- Vicarious Trauma and CAASt K-12 Trainings Available
Mandatory Reporter Online Survey
The Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment is conducting a statewide needs assessment in order to learn more about mandatory reporting practices and needs in South Dakota. The overall survey is anonymous and will take approximately 15-25 minutes to complete. Please complete the survey before August 12, 2022, and feel free to share with colleagues in your network whose input would be informative to this project.
SD Early Childhood Collaborative Systems Webinar Series is Underway
Ensuring a strong start for children can reduce vulnerabilities and increase opportunities for health and success across the lifespan. The SD-ECCS panel discussion series will feature content experts in six core areas that impact children.
Session one is now available to view online. Join us for session two, featuring experts in in legal and safety needs of children.
Thursday, August 11
12:00pm to 1:30pm (CST)
Zoom hosted webinar
Legal/Safety panelists include:
Carrie G. Sanderson, Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment
Chelsie Ogaard, Children’s Home Society
Pamela Bennett, Department of Social Services, Child Protection Services
Mickey Divine, Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate, Child Protection Program
Eldridge Grinnell JR, ECCS Family Leadership Group
SD ECCS Strategic Planning is scheduled for October 5 from 10:00am to 4:00pm at the Sioux Falls Convention Center.
Don’t miss the early bird registration!
August 15 is the last day to save $25 and register with early bird pricing.Early Bird Registration
22nd Annual Community Response to Child Abuse Conference
October 6-7 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center
Register Today: https://conference.sdcpcm.com/conference/registration/
CIP Training: Huron Safety Plan Project
On August 31, Dawn Johnson and Winter Hendrickson will present on the Safety Plan Provider Recruitment Program. This pilot program is based in Huron, South Dakota and trains prospective safety plan providers to assist CPS with in-home safety planning and reunification efforts.
Register Today: https://usd.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUrf-morDgtEtZj5XIcg09caXvhXaox4eTb
Vicarious Trauma and CAASt K-12 Trainings
Two training option are now available for educators.
Vicarious Trauma Training for Educators includes:
- Understand the risk of indirect exposure to trauma
- Discuss the ethical imperative of self-care
- Recognize the vicarious traumatization in an educational setting
- Identify coping strategies that contribute to health and well-being
- Develop personal strategies to strengthen resilience
- Discuss the elements of an organizational care plan
Child and Adult Advocacy Studies K-12 Training includes:
- Child well-being in South Dakota
- Child development & stress
- A framework for a safe & successful school
- Trauma-informed classrooms
- School leaders’ response to trauma-informed environments
To express interest in either training, please complete this form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QBLV5WX