A Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) is a Registered Nurse who has been specially trained to provide immediate, compassionate, and comprehensive care to sexual assault victims, including forensic collection of evidence.
The SANE Learning Collaborative provides support for healthcare professionals across the state in order to improve the access and delivery of services to all victims of sexual assault while avoiding further trauma and maximizing the probability of collecting and preserving the physical evidence of an assault for the potential use in the legal system.
SANE Learning Collaborative Opportunities
- Clinical Skills Labs trainings held twice/year.
- Quarterly training opportunities.
- Listserv provides access to regional and national trainings, best practices, and legislative updates.
- Easy access to kit documentation forms and SANE resource contacts.
- Technical assistance by phone or on-site.
Join our Collaborative
- Free membership grants access to training opportunities, scholarship funds, and technical assistance. Membership is available to individuals that are South Dakota SANE certified, SANE trained (fully or partially), or have an interest in SANE professional training opportunities.
This project was supported by Grant No. 15JOVW-21-GG-00844-RURA awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/ exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Department of Justice.