On-Site Technical Assistance for SANE Programs
Based on the needs that came to light through conversations with rural SANEs, we will now be offering non-acute technical assistance (TA) to healthcare facilities across the state. These site visits will be provided by our partners at Avera Health and Sanford Health.
The two main goals of these site visits:
- Better understand the challenges faced by rural healthcare facilities.
Provide hospitals with tips on processes, protocols, and trainings.
Items potentially discussed during on-site visits may include, but is not limited to:
- Current staffing structure and needs
- Current process when a victim presents (adult, adolescent, and pediatric)
- Resources available (training, local and national websites)
- How to order more kits or have questions about kit contents
- Setting up supply cart for SANE exams
- Process/protocols examples
- CDC recommendations
- How to work within Multi-disciplinary teams
- Training and staffing needs/opportunities
- Forensic photography
- STI recommendations
The TA providers are SANE-A and/or SANE -P certified. Through their visits with rural healthcare facilities, they will uncover common challenges, discuss these items with the SANE Steering Committee, and provide additional training and guideline documents back out to the SANE Learning Collaborative members accordingly.
The on-site technical assistance visits will be limited to eight per year. Please complete this form if your facility has potential interest. This form is intended to gauge the interest to assist with our planning process. Someone will reach out to you with more information on selection and timelines.