Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment, a center of USD, is recruiting a Parent/Peer Outreach Specialists to assist with the WIC Community Innovation and Outreach Project (WIC-CIAO). This is a paid position.
WIC has been shown to provide wide-ranging benefits:
- Longer, safer pregnancies, with fewer premature births and infant deaths
- Improved dietary outcomes for infants and children
- Improved maternal health
- Improved performance at school
Mostly flexible hours. The main duties include:
- Must currently be a WIC participating family –OR– have been a WIC participating family within the last two years
- Provide positive, persuasive information about WIC in your communities
- Share your experiences with WIC and help to collect info from families about what could make WIC work better
- Attend 1-2 meetings a month, transportation and childcare support provided
- Attend scheduled community outreach events
- Pay will be in Walmart gift cards
- Will include some evening and weekend hours
To apply, complete the form below.